Work is an activity for which wages or commission is earned, or that competes directly with activities of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in the Canadian labour market.

This is the official document issued by an officer that allows a person who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident to work in Canada. This document is required whether or not the employer is in Canada. Usually, it is valid only for a specific job and length of time. A work permit may also be issued on the basis of a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) issued by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) or other requirements. This application is for people who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who wish to work temporarily in Canada. A work permit is issued if the application is accepted.
A temporary resident visa may also be required. Check the list of countries and territories that require a visa.

A Labour Market Opinion (LMO) is the opinion provided by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)/Service Canada to the officer which enables the officer to determine whether the employment of the foreign worker is likely to have a positive or negative impact on the labour market in Canada. A LMO may be required in order for a work permit to be issued. The LMO process begins by the prospective employer contacting HRSDC/Service Canada to get a job offer form. Once the form is completed and submitted, HRSDC/Service Canada considers several factors, including the availability of Canadians and the offered wages as well as the economic benefit the foreign worker would bring to Canada. HRSDC/Service Canada then provides the opinion to the officer.

A person who is not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident who wishes to work in Canada requires a work permit. Depending on the nature of the activity, a person may be exempted from requiring a work permit by virtue of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. But in most cases, he or she will need to obtain a work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada to work legally in Canada.

Proof of identity :- A valid passport or travel document that guarantees you re-entry to the country that issued it and Two (2) photos of yourself and accompanying family Proof of employment in Canada:- Your job offer letter or contract from your prospective employer, and the file number provided by HRSDC to locate the Labour Market Opinion (LMO).Your employer should be able to provide you with this file identifier. Evidence that you meet the requirements of the job. Proof may include educational requirements or past work experience outlined in a resume. Proof of relationship:- You may be required to provide a marriage certificate and birth certificates for any accompanying family members. Other documents:- If you are not a citizen of the country in which you are applying, you must provide proof of your present immigration status in the country of application. If the government that issued your passport or travel document requires a re-entry permit this must be obtained before you apply for a Canadian visa. Additional documents may be required.

Work Permit


Immigration Inc.